ABOUT THE IPA
The kind of exceptional educational experience that we provide at Independence is only possible when our faculty, students and parents go above and beyond. We have a very strong community tradition of giving back at Independence, and we hope that you will consider sharing your time and talent with the Independence Parents’ Association (IPA) to enrich our students’ experiences.
The IPA’s creation occurred nearly 40 years ago to provide needed programs and services for the betterment of the school community. Over the years, the IPA has raised and donated thousands of dollars by organizing and carrying out fundraising and outreach activities, which have supported enhancements such as special field trips, educational and cultural speakers and programs, yearbooks, and iPad carts. Members of the IPA foster a closer relationship among students, faculty and staff to further strengthen the Independence education.
IPA-SPONSORED EVENTS & INITIATIVES
- Ice Cream Social after Meet the Teacher Day:
Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2018, at approximately 3 p.m.
- Gym uniforms -- click here to order
- INDY Spiritwear apparel -- click here to order
- Lunch Program: Pasta Monday, Sub Tuesday, Pizza Wednesday and Mac & Chicken Thursday
- Individual and Class Picture Days
- ECII-4th grade: Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018
- ECI and 5th-8th grade: Friday, Sept. 21, 2018
- Retake Date: Monday, Oct. 22, 2018
- Class: Taken same day as Individual photos
- Family Bingo Night: Friday, Sept. 28, 2018
- SOLD OUT! Click here for Waitlist details.
- Gift Card Fundraiser: coming soon!
- February Fun Fest (formerly May Fair): Friday, Feb. 8, 2019 (Snow Date: Friday, Feb. 22)
- A Night at the Blue Rocks: Date TBD
- Hot Dog Lunch & Field Day T-Shirts: Thursday, June 5, 2019
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Days
Communications from the IPA about upcoming events and volunteer opportunities will appear in the weekly Patriot Page, as well as in this space and on our social media channels.
Meet YOUR IPA LIAISON
As a mother of two amazing boys, Rahul (seventh grade) and Ajay (fourth grade), I have been a part of the Independence community for seven wonderful years. With each passing year, my husband, Rohan, and I have become increasingly blessed and grateful for such an outstanding group of teachers, parents and administrators who are positively shaping our children’s future.
The dedication shown by my children’s teachers inspired me to get involved right away. I started out volunteering as a homeroom parent, moved into the role of auction chair, and ultimately served as vice-president and then president of the IPA. I am excited that I have now been given the opportunity to become an official member of Independence’s faculty and staff as Development Manager. In this new role, I will act as the main connection between the IPA and our school.
I personally invite you to become an involved member at Indy, and I can tell you that it is one of the most rewarding experiences. Please consider volunteering for any of our many events and initiatives, such as lunch delivery, Family Bingo Night and February Fun Fest (formerly May Fair). Your involvement sends a valuable message to your child about how important it is to give back to our community. Thank you in advance for helping in any way you can and showing your children how highly you value their education.
UPCOMING 2018-19 IPA meeting sCHEDULE
- Friday, Sept. 14, 2018, at 8:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018, at 8:15 a.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019, at 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 7, 2019, at 8:15 a.m.
All meetings take place in the Development Office's Volunteer Room unless otherwise noted. Dates are subject to change.
HOW TO JOIN
Because the activities and initiatives of the IPA enhance the experience of all Independence students, we ask that each family pay a $25 membership fee, which is included on your tuition bill. Membership fees provide the necessary start-up funds for IPA’s various activities and programs that occur throughout the year. Without your financial support, these events would not be possible.
Parent participation remains vital to maintaining the spirit and traditions that make our school unique. Please consider volunteering and becoming a part of one of the many events planned for the upcoming school year. In addition to helping out Independence’s students, IPA also provides a great way to meet and know other parents.
If you have any questions regarding the various IPA events or how you can help, please contact the Development Office at 302-234-9715.