Independence Distance Learning
Welcome to our distance learning hub. We have developed this page as a resource for parents and students to easily locate and refer to information related to our distance learning initiative, launched in response to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic. We will update this hub page regularly as plans are revised and as we move through this new experience together as a learning community.
On behalf of the entire Independence faculty and staff, I extend our appreciation for the flexibility, understanding, and support of our parent and student body. Moving the Independence experience to a virtual model was certainly not in our plans for this academic year. However, we are fortunate that our ongoing professional development for faculty, continuous exploration of innovative blended learning tools, and the engagement of our students with various online educational programs have allowed us to quickly pivot to this model with as little disruption to learning as possible.
While we understand how challenging this is to you at home, please know that we remain committed to delivering on our mission of inspiring independent, intellectually curious individuals. We very much look forward to the days when we can once again work together on our beautiful campus, and we wish everyone in our community continued health and well-being throughout the duration of this period.
Victoria C. Yatzus
Head of School
- How do I report if my child is "absent" and unable to participate in distance learning?
- Will there be changes to the grading policy for distance learning?
- Can I return to school to pick up any personal belongings or school supplies?
- Whom should we contact in the event of a technology-related problem or question?
- Will the school adhere to the original school calendar, or will distance learning extend the school year?
- Will ERB assessments be administered this year?
- Are there any plans to provide virtual experiences for Independence clubs?