The Independence School actively seeks candidates of diverse backgrounds for employment.
June 19, 2018
MIDDLE SCHOOL SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER
The Independence School is currently seeking interested candidates to fill the position of a middle school social studies teacher. Applicants should demonstrate superior and current knowledge of the content area and be able to elicit deep, engaging, active learning for all students. They should be proficient in expanding students’ knowledge related to world geography and United States history, as well as in developing students’ critical thinking skills and ability to make global connections. Experience at the secondary or middle school level required, as well as a degree in the area of social studies education or social sciences – masters or above preferred.
May 22, 2018
The Development Assistant is responsible for providing administrative, communication, and event support to the Director of Development and Independence Parents’ Association. The Development Assistant also works closely with the members of the Advancement Team (Development, Admission, and Communications) to support all Advancement goals, as well as plan and implement other school events.
- Supports the Independence Parents’ Association (IPA) by acting as its primary school liaison and assisting in the preparation, organization, advertising, and implementation of all IPA events and initiatives
- Responsible for all gift processing and acknowledgment production
- Responsible for data entry and data integrity in the Senior Systems database management system
- Provides administrative and communication support for annual giving campaigns, as well as other fundraising priorities and special campaigns
- Assists with Alumni Relations activities
- Assists in the planning and execution of all Development Office events and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Minimum of two years' experience in an administrative position, preferably in a development office
- Proficiency with all Microsoft applications, including Excel and Word mail merge applications, as well as experience working with a variety of database systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail and to efficiently manage several work assignments and tasks simultaneously
- Willingness to work occasional evening and weekend events as necessary (comp time will be provided)
- Event planning experience preferred
- Positive attitude, relationship-building skills, and a strong, responsible work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, to think ahead and be a problem-solver
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Ability to act as a partner within Development team, demonstrating a collaborative nature and collective ownership of overall team goals and objectives
- This is a full-time, year-round position. Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS (must have earned a bachelor's degree or higher)
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHER'S AIDE
Application for substitute teachers and Extended Day staff can be found here.
The Independence School does not discriminate based on race; color; religion; sex; pregnancy; gender identity; sexual orientation; reproductive health decisions; national origin; age (over 40); disability; genetic information; marital status; family responsibilities; past or present military service; status as a volunteer emergency responder; status as a victim of domestic violence, a sexual offense, or stalking; or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.